Monday, January 19, 2015

Live A Life Like Charlette

*This is a blog I had started back in October, but it was too soon to finish and post and I wanted to make sure I was respectful of my other friends and her family.  I recently lost another friend tragically and it just felt time to finish this.

In September, one of my sweet friends from high school passed away suddenly.  Ive always known life is short and we never know when our time is, but it was a harsh reminder how true that is.  Charlette was an amazing woman!  In a million ways, everyone who knew her, could all tell you something different and as equally wonderful about her.  The things that everyone would say were how strong she was in her faith, her love for her daughter, and her positive attitude.

Charlette used her Facebook to constantly always encourage us.   There were constantly new quotes of hers we all would like and share.   But even better then that, she was one who would send short messages encouraging us all.   When I was going through my new journey as a single mom, I must have posted something about a struggle because she contacted me to see how I was and encourage me.   She made sure I realized that as a single mom, I still had major influence in my kids lives if I left God in control.  That I had to keep a positive outlook. 

You know, Charlette had plenty she could complain about.  Plenty she could wallow around in.  But this friend of mine was the type to pack everything up and move from FL to TX because she knew she could make more of her life, no matter how scary that was.  Oh the determination!!!  She didnt complain about it, she just did it!   Just sought out the good and focused on that!  

The biggest thing that stands out, is the legacy that woman left!   With all of us!  She was here to short, but left a major impact.   But the the strongest thing was at her home going celebration.  Her daughter, a teenager, stood on that stage and did a praise dance giving her praise to God!   I don't know about you, but I couldn't do that!

So many times do I wallow.  I get fed up that my life didn't turn out the way I expected.  I get fed up doing things alone (should have seen me taking down the Christmas tree alone, that was a bad bad bad day).   I can not tell you how many times I WORRY about if I will be enough for my kids, if I have completely screwed them up or will.  I want so bad to raise strong healthy kids! 

The thing is, it isn't about me.  I'm not alone.  Yah, I'm pretty blessed with an awesome support group of people.   But what made the difference is Charlette always turned to God.  She turned her daughter to God.  It was never about her.  If you told her how awesome she was, she always pointed to Him!   This girl didn't just preach it, she lived it.  She never claimed to be perfect, but knew that's just not what life was about.   That's the type of people I am inspired by!   That's the type of life I want to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment