Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dating, its a nightmare!

OK, so do not go getting excited people.  I havent been on any dates so just hear that out before I get a ton of emails and questions.   When that time comes, I will not be posting it on here anyways and it wont really be anyone's business, no offense.  However, I have toyed with the idea and I have talked to other people in my situation and have even been asked out.

I am learning the dating world nowadays and the dating world I remember are a lot different.  I do not like it and it absolutely terrifies me!  Seriously.   In a world with all this social media and technology, it is so different.   People do not actually talk, they text and Facebook and Instagram and Tweet and all that other stuff (thinks luckily I am good at, but it is not the same at all).   Guys seem to lack the common chivalry they should have and women do not know if they should expect it or not.  Now there are all different levels of dating too.   I honestly dont even know what dating is if I am completely honest!   When I was younger (GOSH THAT MAKES ME SOUND OLD!  Nooooooo) a guy asked you if you wanted to "go out" and that meant you were officially boyfriend and girlfriend.  Now you can just be friends (sometimes that even means more and all levels there too for crying out loud!), you can be talking, you can date, and you can be exclusive.  Do not ask me to define all of those for you, because I can not!

And now, when you are talking, too many girls I know are in constant contact with a guy and he seems super interested and the girl gets all excited and then the guy just drops off the planet!  If that doesn't make a confusing situation more confusing for crying out loud!

I understand all this craziness for teenagers and college aged kids.   But Im talking about friends in my 30s and 40s.   And now there are a million different online dating sites.   That in itself just seems like a plot to a horror movie!  No joke.  I wont lie, Ive looked, and those people are scary!

So here is what I think.   In a life filled with craziness, guys you need to make it simple! (Yes, I think the guy should be heading it up, although nothing wrong with a girl standing up for what she wants).   Bring back chivalry!   Most women dig that!   Make us feel like we are more then just another object.   Speak up, if there is something you dont like or you dont feel the connection anymore, even though we are delicate creatures, we are tough.   We can handle it.  If your lost, just watch any Disney movie or old black/white movie and there will be the answers.  Hahaha.  (Seriously, we dig that junk!)  I think what we all want, guy and girl alike, is to build fun meaningful relationships....friend and more.   If we cant even talk and have open communication, how is that ever gonna happen?

My conclusion?   I have none....  just a friendly rant from the awesome city of Tamlando! 

No comments:

Post a Comment