Thursday, September 22, 2016

GUESS WHO IS ENGAGED?

Guess what?   WE ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!

I know, I know, several of you saw and knew it was coming LOL.  We can officially scream it from the rooftops and start planning away now!

I am TOTALLY in love with this ring!


Jeremy proposed last Friday, September 16, 2016.   I have to say, he didn't plan it, but that was also national Step Family Day!   When we realized it, it just added the extra specialness to it!  We went out for a nice dinner and then went for a walk on the beach.   It was a gorgeous night!!!!!!   Full moon that just lit up the whole beach!  As we were walking and talking about life (like we often do) he kept complimenting me and telling me how he is the happiest he has ever been and thanking me for all I do in his life.  Next thing I know, he was down on one knee asking me to marry him!  I think before I said yes, I asked him what are you doing as he got down on his knee!  LOL!  We both stood there and just hugged for the longest time.  It truly was precious!

We did laugh, afterwards as we were walking back to the car, the tide was coming in pretty high.  I went to jump over some water and landed in a patch of sand spurs and had about 5 or so embedded into my toes!  He had to get back down on a knee and use his phone light to rescue me!  LOL!  That just perfectly fit our lives!  We still laugh about it almost a week later!

Can I just take a minute to say how blessed I truly feel?  Jeremy is my best friend!  I have never known anyone like this man!  He takes such good care of all of us.  He has rode through so many storms with me and just proved his character over and over.  He is the best father I have ever known and truly treats all 4 kids exactly the same!  He takes care of me in big and small ways!  (he does things like always makes sure he can take the trash out at my apartment so I dont have to carry it down three stories, keeps up with my car maintenance and gets the oil changed for me, and just so much more!).  He has learned how to help me calm down in life when anxiety takes over.  He is so calm and gentle, while at the same time being so strong!  He has learned to become the leader of our family and sets an amazing example!  He not only cares about my hopes and dreams, but encourages me to accomplish them!

I always wanted and hoped to re-marry one day, but I was not sure if I would or could!  Coming from a bad and very unhealthy relationship, I did not want to go back to that again!  I did not want to put my kids through that trauma again.  I wanted to make sure if I was ever to re-marry again I had not even an ounce of doubt!   WOW!  I can not tell you how awesome it is to be in this place in life!  It feels like I have truly been given a second chance at life and MAN DO WE ENJOY LIVING LIFE TOGETHER!!!!!  What an amazing thing it is to be in such a healthy strong relationship!  And even better to know that this time, it truly will last until forever!  Guys, I actually know I found my HAPPILY EVER AFTER!  Makes my eyes burn whenever I think about it!

Many of you have asked about living arrangements, we will not be living together until the wedding.  Not only does that go with what our faith and beliefs stand for, but that is what is best for the children.

The children are all excited with us

We will be getting married in the end of February!  I know, many of you are expecting it to be a Disney themed wedding.  LOL.  Well, we couldn't disappoint you could we?  

It will be a very small wedding for family and a few of our closest friends at Disney Springs (with a touch of Disney theming,  but not screaming it) in the end of February of 2017.  We would both love to be able to have all of you there, but due to space and budget, we just are not able to.  We promise to share as many details during the process and photos afterwards!  For those of you who would like to follow the details and see our registry information, please go to our wedding website at:

Our honeymoon will be in March while the children are at their other parents for Spring Break.   You can view our registry for that at the wedding website above or by going straight to:









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you both!!!!I am so very happy for you!!! May the Lord bless each step of your journey together!!! Love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete