Thursday, January 30, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: August: Osage County

OK, I LOVE going to the movies!   This past week I went with a friend to see August:  Osage County.   I didnt look up any reviews, I normally don't to be honest, I like to make my own opinions.  With this movie, by the previews, I assumed it would be a comedy about dysfunctional families.  It has Julia Roberts in it I thought, and she is great at comedies.   And we all know dysfunctional families provide the best laughter (I mean, we can all relate in some way!)  The few previews I saw, I laughed at...I knew it had serious moments...but funny previews.

BOY WAS I WRONG!   The previews WERE just about the only funny parts.   The whole movie, it just kept getting worse and worse.   We both kept thinking at some point, it was gonna turn around.  The people would see the error of their ways and realize they are a family and love each other.  Nope.  The entire movie these people jut kept degrading and belittling each other.  There was so much spitefulness throughout the entire movie.  I was just anxious a majority of the time!   The only good thing I can say, is the acting was good.   However that being said, I would not recommend this movie at all.  It was a complete waste of my time!   I dont know how someone not only wrote that movie, but got funding for it!   THEN, somehow they got a lot of awesome actors to agree to put their name to it!  

The ending even sucked!   For me, the way a movie ended is a big deal.  I dont care how much I love the movie, if the ending is bad, the movie is bad.   Not only was the movie bad, but the ending was depressing!  

I so badly wanted to go and de-stress that night.  I needed to escape reality (that's what the movies are all about for me!) and it was so far from that.   Julia Roberts (one of my favorites) did do a great acting job, but I can not tell you how disappointment I was, throughout the whole time.

This movie gets 0 out of 5 cupcakes!  :-( 

No comments:

Post a Comment